Facts on aging Quiz – Québec version
The Facts on aging Quiz is an adaptation for Quebec of the Facts on Aging Quizzes by Palmore (1998). This Quiz is a tool for awareness, education and training purposes by addressing twenty-five topics on all the aspects related to aging and the reality of older adults.
- To encourage exchange and reflection on aging and the reality of Quebec older adults (the Quiz is not intended to gauge participants’ knowledge or to ensure that they retain the answers to the Quiz)
- To promote participants’ awareness of the contemporary individual and social issues of aging
- To reflect on possible actions to counter ageism and discrimination against older adults
- To propose updated knowledge on aging and the reality of Quebec older adults
At the start of the training workshop the participants are asked to complete individually the Facts on aging Quiz – Québec version. Then we go over each of the twenty-five questions/topics of the Quiz with the answer to the question and offering an explanation of this answer whilst exposing complementary information. Several topics are covered: a portrait of older adults (demography, life expectancy, widowhood, older adults as a group); the social environment (places of residence and characteristics of households, public safety and criminal victimization, transportation service and driving, mobilization and utilization of resources); the condition of health and well-being (the physical, psychological and relational aspects); the economic situation (income and poverty, work, retirement); the economic and political contribution (social commitment and volunteerism, the role of caregivers, political commitment).
- A one-day workshop of seven hours
- A half-day of three to four hours (only the least successful questions will be explained)
The training is for anyone interested in aging, for professionals working with older adults, for management or supervisory personnel, for public planners, for students, as well as for older adults.
- Interactive presentation to promote exchange and reflection relating to aging
- Individual exercise: participants are asked to complete the Facts on aging Quiz – Québec version
- PowerPoint presentation
- Material provided to participants: a copy of the Facts on aging Quiz – Québec version together with the answers
How to register
*Until now, this training session has been offered only in French. However, if you are interested in receiving it in English, please contact us.
Johannie Bergeron Patenaude:
1-819-780-2220, extension 45698